Amazon wanna spy your ass
Echo Look | Hands-Free Camera and Style Assistant with Alexa—includes Style Check to get a second opinion on your outfit
Introducing Echo Look—an Echo focused on style. Now Alexa helps you look your best.
- Using just your voice, easily take full-length photos and short videos of your daily look and build your own personal lookbook
- The Echo Look hands-free camera features built-in LED lighting, depth-sensing, and computer vision-based background blur to make your outfits pop
- See yourself from every angle in the Echo Look app. View photos and videos of your outfits, select your favorites, and share with friends. Discover new brands and styles and see what colors you wear most often.
- Get a second opinion on which outfit looks best with Style Check, a new service that combines machine learning algorithms with advice from fashion specialists
- Echo connects to Alexa—a cloud-based voice service—to ask questions, set alarms and timers, check your calendar, weather, traffic, manage to-do and shopping lists, control smart home devices, play music, and more—instantly
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Starbucks, Fitbit, NPR, and more
We want you to know:
Echo Look is designed with a focus on personal style. It’s the only Echo that has a hands-free camera optimized to capture your outfits, and style assistant. With built-in LED lighting, Style Check to get a second opinion on your outfit, and a dedicated app where you can see yourself from every angle and build your personal lookbook, Echo Look helps you manage your style. Echo Look has a small, 1.6-watt speaker that sounds about the same as the speaker on a smartphone. For room-filling sound and hands-free calling and messaging with Alexa, we recommend Amazon Echo, Echo Plus, or Echo Show.
poorly_timed_nazi: This is the start of something bigger. Once the echo was released, everyone was freaking out thinking that 1984 was going to start. However, once it blew over Google and Apple both released their own echo type devices once it become socially acceptable. Once this product is released, within a few months Google and Apple will also release their own devices. All it takes is one Amazon programmer hired by the NSA to add a back door to a software update and the NSA has access to video and sounds in your house. It’s the easiest way to have complete access to American households, and it wouldn’t take any work at all to have a programmer add a backdoor to the source code.
TheLonelyDevil91: Serious who the fucks buy this stuff? How useful is it to everyday life for you to risk your privacy for it.
dagonn3: The questions are good.
*Is this NSA certified?*
pbrettb: wtLiteralF? “Optimized to take pictures of your outfits”, with social media and AI to help make suggestions about your personal style. I’m guessing that this is for those people who put 50 duck-pout selfies in their facebook pictures? And don’t care about the eye of HAL watching everything they do.
SunflowerInKashmir: that seems like a dumb way to get into people’s homes, who the hell is gonna buy that. it’s pointless.