❤ Sharing Folkworthy Stuffs ❤
1 Comment | Vintage
During the Second World War, Hitler ordered that the wagon be moved to exactly the same location for the signing of the second “armistice at Compiègne”, on 22 June 1940; this time with Germany victorious. The carriage was moved out of its protective building and returned to the signing-place, which was several metres away and had been marked out as part of the monument. Subsequently, the wagon was taken to Berlin and displayed a week later at the Berlin Cathedral.