Today we are announcing Facebook 2017 Year in Review highlighting the top ways people are being exploited on Facebook subsidiaries. Unsurprisingly, most of them are pretty depressing, confirming what we all already knew: the year 2017 was pretty terrible on Facebook services.
Facebook continues his journey on spreading disinformation and censorship, threatening journalism and democracy, collecting private data of billions of people, running massive psychology experiments and attacking the open web.
Facebook 2016 Year in Review
Is there also a 2015 version? There is a 2008-2017 version here
Facebook In The Media (Timeline)
Update –monthly– (I think this is enough)
- Legal Procedure against “Facebook Ireland Limited” (europe vs facebook)
- Facebookistan – excelent documentary about facebook dubious privacy & content rules
- Criticism of Facebook (Wikipedia)
- The Evolution of Privacy on Facebook
- Daily chart: Facebook, the world’s most addictive drug (The Economist)
- Daily chart: Government data-requests to Facebook (The Economist)
- S. C. Matz, M. Kosinski, G. Nave, and D. J. Stillwell – Psychological targeting as an effective approach to digital mass persuasion
- Michal Kosinskia, David Stillwell, and Thore Graepel – Private traits and attributes are predictable from digital records of human behavior
- Michela Del Vicarioa, Alessandro Bessi, Fabiana Zollo, Fabio Petroni, Antonio Scala, Guido Caldarellia, H. Eugene Stanleye, and Walter Quattrociocchia – The spreading of misinformation online
- Samantha R. Rosenthal, Ph.D., M.P.H., Stephen L. Buka, Sc.D., Brandon D.L. Marshall, Ph.D., Kate B. Carey, Ph.D., Melissa A. Clark, Ph.D. – Negative Experiences on Facebook and Depressive Symptoms Among Young Adults
- Adam D. I. Kramera, Jamie E. Guillory and Jeffrey T. Hancock – Experimental evidence of massive-scale emotional contagion through social networks
- Roosendaal, Arnold, – Facebook Tracks and Traces Everyone: Like This! (November 30, 2010). Tilburg Law School Legal Studies Research Paper Series No. 03/2011
- Fred Stutzman, Ralph Gross, Alessandro Acquisti – Silent Listeners: The Evolution of Privacy and Disclosure on Facebook
- Facebook Tracking Through Social Plug-ins: Technical report prepared at the request of the Belgian Privacy Commission in the context of its Facebook investigation.
- From social media service to advertising network: A critical analysis of Facebook’s Revised Policies and Terms (DRAFT 25 August 2015)
- Dutch data protection authority: Facebook violates privacy law
- Dutch data protection authority: Investigation into the personal information handling practices of WhatsApp Inc
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada: Investigation into the personal information handling practices of WhatsApp Inc.
- Khanna A. Facebook’s Privacy Incident Response: a study of geolocation sharing on Facebook Messenger. Technology Science. 2015081101. August 11, 2015. http://techscience.org/a/2015081101
- Hammer M. No More Secrets: Gmail and Facebook can determine your political values. Technology Science. 2015090105. September 01, 2015. http://techscience.org/a/2015090105
- Sauvik Das and Adam Kramer – Self-Censorship on Facebook AAAI 2013
drugsarebadmky: This is terrible. you know what, I am logging off for now.